Thursday, July 16, 2009

Strawberry Butter



This is a really yummy recipe I found on Martha Stewart's website. A few years ago I went to an Irish restaurant for breakfast. They served warm muffins with strawberry butter...it was so delicous. When I saw this recipe, I had to try it. It came out great. Spread it on warm muffins, bread, scones, biscuits, anything. I'm definitely making it to go with my Irish soda bread next St. Patrick's Day.

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup hulled and coarsley chopped strawberries (I prefer finely chopped as I don't like the big chunks but just the flavor)

Directions: Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and salt until light about 1 minute. Add strawberries and beat until combined. Transfer to ramekins or small serving dishes. Chill until ready to serve, or transfer to 2 sheets of plastic wrap, roll each into log, and freeze up to 2 months. Thaw before using. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment