Friday, July 10, 2009

Fruit Leather & Kiwi Jam

Kiwi Apple Fruit Leather


Derrick made some kiwi jam which required 2 1/2 apples to boil in the jam and then removing the apples. So I used the boiled apples (covered in kiwi), 3 more kiwi and 1 tbs honey - mixed in a blender and poured in the fruit leather dehydrating tray.

This is what it looked like when it came out.


Strawberry fruit leather

I mixed about 2 cups of fresh strawberries and one cup unsweetened applesauce in a blender, then poured in the fruit leather tray. Derrick said it was too sour so next time I would add a little honey.




This is actually a peach strawberry fruit leather after it finished in the dehydrator. I forgot to take a picture of the strawberry one when it was done. For the peach recipe I cut up 3 peaches, used about a cup or 2 of strawberries and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, plus 1 tbs honey.



No comments:

Post a Comment