Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cookie Press Butter Spritz Cookies

I like to make these cookie press butter cookies with Madison for 4th of July. They come out looking like fireworks and we decorate them with red, white & blue sprinkles.


I made my own red, white & blue sprinkles. 


What is a cookie press?


 This is my cookie press.
I bought it on eBay for $3 and it is awesome.
 You fill the canister with cookie dough and squeeze it out, like playdoh.






First beat butter & sugar.



Then add vanilla, egg & milk. (I omitted the almond extract.)

 Madison pouring in the vanilla. We used our homemade vanilla!


Stir together dry ingredients. Then gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.


Voila - cookie dough.


Roll cookie dough into a log.


Push into cookie press.


Push it down & get it as full as possible.


I squeeze out the first little bit & wipe it off into the bowl.
This ensures that the first cookie comes out even. 


The cookie press should be flat against the cookie sheet. Give the top handle a nice twist until the cookie comes out. I need to turn mine about once & a half to make a good size cookie.

This picture is Madison making a cookie. :)

Bake for 10-12 minutes.


I added sprinkles right after they came out of the oven. You can add the sprinkles before putting the cookies in the oven too.


Note: Jimmies sprinkles will melt in the oven - add after or halfway through baking.


Another idea I tried was drizzling buttercream icing over the cookies. Mmm.


Some other July 4th sweets:



Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting & Sprinkles



Rice Krispy Treats with red, white & blue jimmies sprinkles.
The Jimmies melt in the hot marshmellow mix and leave a cool stream of color in the treats.




Brownies :)



No comments:

Post a Comment