Monday, June 10, 2013

Grilled Pizza

This was my first attempt to make grilled pizza. It turned out amazing. 
Grilling the pizza dough gave it that crisp "brick oven" flavor.
    
 
Grilled Chicken Pizza

I use Mark Bittman's pizza dough recipe from his cookbook "How to Cook Everything"
 
Homemade pizza dough and toppings all ready:
Cut up grilled chicken
Chopped green & red peppers
Sliced black olives
Chopped red onion
Pepperoni
 
First I preheated the grill on high

 
Then I turned down the heat to med-high and wiped the grates with a paper towel dipped in olive oil.
 


 
Then I slid the pizza dough onto the hot grill, shut the lid and allowed it to cook for 2 minutes.
 
After the bottom looked done, I took it off the grill and flipped it over on a pizza pan.

 
Then I took it inside and topped it:
 
First, a drizzle of olive oil spread around,
then pizza sauce.

 
Next, cheese

 
Then the rest of the toppings

 
Then, I lowered the heat on the grill to med-low and cooked it another few minutes until the cheese & toppings were cooked.
 
My pizza dough recipe makes two pizzas, so here is my other pizza crust.
I made it a little thicker than the first one and it came out perfect.
 
Pizza crust after cooking first side on the grill.
 
Then I repeated the same steps as the first pizza: flipped it over, rubbed with olive oil and topped with sauce, cheese and toppings.
Then back on the grill until done.


 
Delicious grilled chicken pizza that tasted absolutely amazing.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment